Monday, February 15, 2010

many tanked ewes

this is going to be short because i have a ton i need to get done for a side project that will hopefully at least turn into some meat and potatoes for the week.

i just really needed to write about how good the Lord is. and how i see that in how good other's have been to me lately. seriously, ya'll. you deserve one huge, God-sized pat on the back. ya'll have come out of the woodworks to pray for me, encourage me, converse with me, or even just read this little 'ole thing! i have been so blessed this week by good friends, good company, good conversations, and amazing interactions. i've allowed my faith to speak for itself in times of frustration and pain, and i really feel as if God has multiplied that and my own efforts. and dang, he's good.

if what ya'll say is true, through the exhortations and encouragement, then i am so glad that what you take from this blog and from what you see in how i have responded to my circumstances is not about me, but rather, its about God and my faith. i am so thankful that He has allowed me to be vulnerable with ya'll; allowed me to go through this with ya'll; and allowed His glory to shine bigger than anything i could do on my own. i am truly astonished and thankful for what all of this has meant to me.

so thank you, thank you, thank you! for allowing me to write, for sharing in this time with me, for being committed followers of my blog (that sounds too cultish for me)! for recognizing what God is doing in my life, and being encouraged by that too. for finding my beauty through my despair. this, you, The Lord; it's all allowed me to blossom into someone i really feel like the Lord would smile at. i can not give enough thanks for that.

i hope through my tears and open-wounds, something in me becomes more attractive. through my cries and my calls to the Lord, my voice becomes more heavenly. through not what i go through, but what i'm able to glean from it, that my fragrance has become sweeter. i'm praying, and i'm seeing, that all of this has already left me a better woman.

its not over yet. the battle has only begun. but i'm not only armed with the word, shielded by God's protection, and motivated by His call; i have seen that I am walking in step with the most resilient, encouraging, and faithful army God's ever created.

i love you, all.


***

shameless plug: i've added a few more items to my etsy site. i've gotta retake some pictures tomorrow to add a few more, so stay tuned!



No comments: