Thursday, February 18, 2010

food for thought

saw this on facebook as i was lurking through the recently updated profiles. felt a strange sense of comfort when reading it. i think i needed it, in light of, oh, the past month (today marked one month btw. crazy).

it is a safe thing to trust Him to fulfill the desires which He creates. -- Amy Carmichael

i am reminded that He has created me with these desires for a reason. all of me, even the bad, was created to be loved. and it is. and it will be. my desires to love and to be love and to give and to serve and to share that with someone; they will be met. he wouldn't make me want that, have the capacity for that, grow in that direction, and then lead me to a nunnery or make me un-wed-able for some reason. it's all part of the hurry-up-and-wait game i'm playing right now. fortunately, words with friends is moving at a faster pace post-crash.

lately, God has been showing me to dream bigger, to give Him more credit, more of a chance to be glorified. I stand both in awe and in terror at the thought of that. life is already crazy enough how it is, and he wants to put that on steroids? okay, God. you typically know what's best, so whatever you say...

so, there you have it. food for thought. hope its pleasing to the pallet. i'm gunna go midnight-snacking for cheese crackers and oreos. shhh. don't tell.


No comments: