Thursday, February 4, 2010

comme ci, comme ca. d'accord.

there's no spiritual discernment to dissect, no revelation to revel in, no enlightening epiphany to explain in grand detail.

no, today was much different than that. and i'm okay with that.

today was more like real life. more than it's been lately at least. it was usual. i showered. i sugar scrubbed. i shaved. i did 3 loads of laundry, reheated left overs for lunch. checked all the district sites. lysoled the house. ran errands (i haven't even had errands to run since i've been back). requested transcripts. mailed out 4 more resumes/applications. picked up my w-2's and even did my taxes. did i mention, i did them by myself??? i got my florida fishing license in the mail. with my student loan statement. i registered for subbing, and have been obsessively pressing the refresh button for six hours now. i watched grey's. i had crackers and hummus and a morsel of torte, for dinner. i read through tonight's bible study. i even picked out my outfit for tomorrow incase i get a 4:50 a.m. wake-up call from the district needing a sub.

my point is not to tell you the monotonous details of my otherwise unimpressive day. my point, is that today was pretty typical. sure, i love that the Lord has been using my "waiting time" to teach me and strengthen me and encourage me (even in light of the discouragement that said "waiting time" seems to breed). but simply knowing that i can return to a place of normalcy is comforting. to know that i can begin to, once again, make it through chores and errands and get things done without fear of imminent breakdown.

i said to myself in the shower this morning-- i'm going to be okay. this is all going to be okay. and for today, i was able to believe that. so maybe, in it's own monotonous, bland, unimpressive way, today was enlightening.

No comments: