Sunday, June 3, 2012

boxing match with the devil

the past few weeks. God has been writing some really amazing pages into this chapter of my life. so naturally, as the Lord continues to work, the enemy has been nothing short of pissed off. so, he's been trying to attack just about every area of my life, and i've about had it with his nonsense! in the past month slash, mainly just the past two weeks:
*our a/c went out at our house *my phone was stolen *i got food poisoning *our plumbing went out at our house *my debit card had fraudulent charges *i had to cancel my card, subsequently, my airfare in Haiti had charged a week prior, but never posted to the account, and now it remains to be seen if the airfare is still booked (oh, and its a haitian company and both numbers and the email ive tried have not been fruitful attempts. naturally.) *i was bit by a pitbull with in 15 minutes of being home, and had to go to the hospital to get it all checked out *my student loan payment came out of my account twice this month, leaving me less money to take to haiti
but here's the deal: the devil can attack me however and whenever he wants. he can threaten my finances, my comforts, my conveniences, take away my phone or my debit card, and even show his firery head in the heat of frustrations after he physically attacks me. and he can, and will, continue to attack all he wants to, because my Jesus is bigger. He is stronger. He has the victory in His hand. He's given me first class on the ticket i booked home from haiti. a new, paid-for phone until Haiti. reimburst my fraud charges. healed my hand rapidly, and without infection, while preserving my bones and even protecting me from how bad it truly could have been. given me almost the amount of the second student loan payment through the random generosity of others. even given me a ticket to a big-time country concert just two days after secretly confessing to Him that I was sad to be missing out on summer concerts while giving Him my summer. He has met every single one of my needs, and most of them, aren't even needs. they are an abundance of blessing. so, take that devil. you know you're going down, so i get that you're flailing on your fall. I trust in my Jesus to save me. I am covered by His blood, and I rest in His confidence, forever.

No comments: