Tuesday, July 12, 2011

addendum

okay, so here's the deal.  yours truly did, indeed, get a haircut today.  how much, on the other hand, is a little debatable.  but let me explain before i'm accosted and sentenced back to the chains of my former 'do.

this morning, as i typed my blog, i conceded my defeat.  i gave the Lord any left-over dreams or desires, and said 'do what you want with this; i'm done.'  i went in, armed with pictures of bobs, shoulder-length shags, and a few longer 'do's i had pinned in the few days since i made my appointment.  i had fully come to terms with having to say good-bye to as many inches as it took to make me my hair healthy again.

well, after consulting with ashley, a dear friend and talented stylist (book her here!), i came to find out that she wouldn't need to take off too much at all, only about an inch in the length, and then a little more within the layers.  with every snip of the scissors, i found myself, for the first time, not concerned with the amount of hair that was on the floor.  i don't know if it was the fact that my hypothetical "wedding" (in which i have NO details as to where, when, or most importantly even, with WHOM?!) was no longer what was guiding my immediate thoughts on hair, or the fact that i had a sense of security that wasn't shaken at the thought of less hair on my head.  regardless, it was one of the most carefree times at the salon for me (and if you knew me circa 2001-2006, you would know i spent and awful lot of time there).

ahh, freedom.

and, ... bangs!  now THOSE are a huge commitment!  but as of yet, i love them!

what do you think? are the bangs a good thing?

not that i will ever be able to recreate this look (round brushing should be considered a rare and challenging art form!), but even without the loss of too many inches, i felt free in a sense of the word.

maybe the world needs a few more hair cuts.  and a lot more jesus.

1 comment:

C-Jo said...

I don't know if I ever told you this, but I had a semi-big crush on you during our time at CU. Your new hairstyle does nothing to squash that! Beautiful!