Thursday, November 17, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 16 - Truth and Forgiveness

Perhaps I'm all out of sorts reusing one topic AND doing a combined thankfulness, but I'm pretty sure I'm on the far left of conservative on here when it comes to radical faith in Jesus.

SO much truth was spoken tonight regarding the realm of forgiveness in our faith. If I only had my notes out next to me (and was not typing from my iPhone) I would absolutely quote the nuggets of wisdom from Di tonight.

I will say this: when we choose to harbor unforgiveness towards someone, we are denying the very mercy that Christ has given to them in the same way he graciously gave it to us as we approached His mercy seat for forgiveness. That's radical thinking, in which I've never been presented with that idea before. I'm thankful for fresh revelation.

I am also thankful to have been standing in a room full of people crying desperately for the restoration of the lord. The sound of tears and sniffles was overwhelming comforting and blessing in its own right. To know that the kingdom seekers I am walking life out with, have been broken, too, before the Lord, with the purpose of restoring their wounded souls? Our God is merciful. Thank you Jesus for your free-flowing love.

I wish I had proper time to write and reflect on this whole week. I'm not able to process nearly enough of it; yet, I'm not able to prepare nearly enough for school either. Almost 2 full time jobs, and I am beat!

No comments: