Thursday, November 17, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 17 - Heaven

The following is an excerpt from worship tonight.


This image of redemption, revival and reconciliation in front of me right now is a picture of Heaven on earth. People on their knees, even on their faces, before the Lord. In the word. Your broken, rejected ones being prayed fire and seeking restoration. Tears released along side of fears; mercy flowing sweeter than the melodies on the baby grand.


Father, tonight, you delight over us. You gather us up in your loving arms and you say, "Abba Father is here. And I love you."


Tonight, we are no longer strangers. No longer a mix of black and white, of old and young. We are a glimpse of the heavenly realm, as we delight in you, beg for you, carry one another to the cross.


Your love is vast enough to cover, not only my laundry list of sin and rebellion, but the collective brokenness that daily life has left us. You fix us. You make us new. In your image. As we were created.


I've seen your image.


It is beautiful.


I guess it's high time for me to start believing I'm beautiful too. After all, you are my identity.

No comments: