Sunday, November 13, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 12 - Friends

i know it might seem like i'm double dipping into my thankfulness jar, and re-writing a post that has already been written.  but, i would argue that my last post on the Famlee was more about the facet of community, whereas this post will reflect my gratitude for my friends and their each, distinct contributions to my life.

last night, i met up with my friend Evan to brainstorm over a video project we've been discussing.  sitting there, talking over dinner and shooting ideas back and forth, i just thought about how fortunate i was that someone with a schedule so sporadic would commit to dedicate their time and talents to helping me out; for no gain of his own.  i'm thankful for the selfless heart i see in my friends.

after dinner, we continued the brainstorm sesh at Shelley's, with a group-think format.  running ideas across her, Kurt and Carly proved ever-valuable as I highly respect their opinion and their eye for asthetics.

to be honest, i was slightly discouraged as the group's excitement and willingness/availability to help out with the project became more limited.  but to see the wealth of good ideas, and the willingness to help out with whatever resources they can leaves me extremely grateful for their kindness and generosity.

No comments: