Friday, November 25, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 24 - Family

as i woke up today on thanksgiving morning, i flipped on the macy's thanksgiving day parade and sat on my couch to continue yesterday's crafting excursion.  although i don't vividly remember watching the thanksgiving day parade as a child with my family, the sense of nostalgia the parade evokes is authentic enough to rewrite that portion of my past if it didn't already exist.  suddenly, i missed my family.  and then, my mamma called.  and then, i talked to my daddy.  and i called my sister on her way to my aunt and uncle's house.  in just a few hours, i was sitting on a front porch, with my iphone in hand, on a video skype call with my entire family: aunt, uncle, cousins, sister, daddy, even some people i didn't know.  it was as if these 700 miles weren't all that far; that i could sit on a cell phone and yet be in the same room as my family back home.  i don't know which i'm more thankful for here: my family, or the technology that keeps us together.

No comments: