Friday, January 28, 2011

i choose you

"My choice is you, God; first and only.
and now I find I'm your choice!" -- Psalm 16:5 (The Message)

what great joy it is to find out that God chooses us. throughout all the scripture, you will find that the Lord chooses to love His people; even those that are highly unloveable (or disobedient, or dysfunctional, or just plain ragged) by our standards. from the beginning of time, God chose us, when He created us from dirt. He chose us, to be created in His image. my heart swells with excitement to know that beneath all the layers i put on, beneath all the erosion of my heart from pain and experience, the bruises on my knees that remind me how often i've fallen: I am created to reflect the Creator. because He is love, i have been created to reflect His love (both person and action).

i am humbled to think about the responsibility that God has laid upon each of us. i am also humbled by His grace in times i don't live up to that responsibility and fall short of reflecting His image. even still, in those wretched moments: God chooses us. and He loves us the same.

No comments: