Sunday, April 3, 2011

He delights

He's been silent for a while now.

i can't say i blame Him. i haven't been much for talking or listening lately, either.

so why He chose to use those 9 pointless minutes anyway is beyond me. but boy am i glad He did. and that i didn't burn the brownies.

the Lord knows the days of the upright, and their inheritance shall be forever. they shall not be ashamed in the evil time, and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
thank you jesus, i thought to myself as i first read verses 18-19. because this feels like famine. and it very well might be. but His promise is to not only feed me, but satisfy me. and not just for today; but my inheritance shall be forever.

the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with His hand.
dear jesus, thank you!
my heart cries. how did you know i needed this?! the answer there should be obvious. as i read this passage, it freed up part of my heart in a way that breathed life into parts of it that have been lying mysteriously dormant. did you read that? He delights in his way! in whose way? the good man; the Christian; me. you mean, this chapter is telling me to delight in the Lord, and then it is saying that the same God that created life as we know it, delights in ... me?!? can this be true?! absolutely!! even when we fall, it is not forever, for God upholds us with His very hand!!! the hand that created life. the hand that molded man. the hand that cast the stars, painted the sunrises and sunsets, shaped the mountains, and sustains all-- that same hand is what pulls me up and holds me together, even when i fall.

i am at a loss for words just meditating on it. ponder the idea of it yourself. spend a minute or two just trying to wrap your finite mind around such an infinite concept. you're likely to come up as in-awe as i am in this moment. oh, how He loves us!

No comments: