Tuesday, February 19, 2013

not as the world.

amidst the demands of the day: the meltdowns, the prep, the decibels.  beyond the gunk of taxes and bills and staring adulthood down the throat and wanting to run as far as i can from it.  after the tears and frustrations of trying to find a doctor, accepting new patients, on my insurance plan, that doesn't need a referral from a primary care physician first;

after all that stuff is gone and fades away, my hope and my future and my faith remains.

i just wish it stayed as steadfast before those things; too. 

it's easy to get lost in the junky priorities of the days.  it would be foolish to abandon them without care, although my heart wants to do just that and run to Paris.  

i wish i could say, "but the trick is,..."  truth is, i don't know any tricks.  i just know the truth. 

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.  -John 14:27

No comments: