Wednesday, January 11, 2012

treasure hunt.


tonight, much like this year, was an amazing moment spent in the presence of the Almighty one.  i am so grateful that i have not only been afforded the opportunity to worship him freely without fear, but have also been given the opportunity worship him in a collective group of close friends experiencing a revival of heart as well.

i knew that the Lord spoke "adventure" as one of my words for 2012.  and tonight, as i closed my eyes as Alvin Sr. read an account of the rolled away stone from Matthew, i sensed part of the adventure God was talking about.
"...suddenly, there was a great earthquake! and the angel of the Lord came down from heaven, rolled away the stone, and sat on it..."
i know that earthquake, i thought to myself. that earthquake is what brought me to haiti.  and that stone?  that was my heart.  before the angel of the Lord rolled that away, too.

"they were frightened, but also filled with great joy..."
what a healthy fear: a fear of the Lord!   and that joy!  more intoxicating than wine!  i was scared, too, once...

"'Do not be afraid! Go tell my brothers to leave for Galilee and they will see me there,' said Jesus."  
...but jesus spoke to me to not be afraid.  He told me to go, and that He would see me there.  and He did.  Jesus met me there. 

With my eyes, and journal, closed, so much of this story jumped out at me.  i quickly grabbed my notebook, realizing i was on the final page; a journal i had began 3 years ago on new years day.  i scribbled what jesus had said, and realized he hadn't only spoke it to his disciples, or to me on that day in february of 2010.  his word was alive as ever; he was speaking to me now.

"Do not be afraid. Go, and you will see me.  I will meet you there."

Lord, with an expectant heart, I know you are leading me on an adventure.  I felt the rush and sensation of an adolescent finding a clue leading them on a hunt for buried treasure.  yet, i also felt the peaceful release of His spirit telling me this is just the beginning.  i am thankful he is not finished with me yet.  this adventure doesn't just span my year, my time in haiti, or even my job.  this is an adventure that my Lord and Savior has invited me away on, and I  He is ready for each crazy step along the way.

No comments: