Wednesday, August 17, 2011

i walked up besides the line, to see that three of my kiddos had not stopped at the door (like i asked), but instead walked into the room.

"patience," i heard His voice in my heart, a soft, still, (dare i say) patient reminder bouncing between the walls of frustration and impatience deep inside.

do you remember what its like to learn?  to not yet realize that I do know best?  remember, you're not always quick to follow what I tell you to do, either.


i know it's only been one day.  and i know rome wasn't built in that time frame.  it took 7 times around Jericho for it to fall, and the Israelites had to walk aimlessly for like, 40 years!  but so often, in the moment, i forget all of that.  i don't realize that they, too, are still learning it.  Lord, help me to be patient.


these kiddos remind me how i rarely get it right on the first try with God either.  the proof is in the fact that i've already forgotten that.  Lord, give me grace.

No comments: