Friday, September 28, 2012

good tidings

it's been a while.  but, when my computer time is still set on eastern time from being home and in Haiti this summer... what more can you expect.

it's fall break.  and that means one thing:  my annual quarter-- err... closer to mid..... -life crisis is impending.  it happens every year.  things slow down long enough for me to breathe, reflect, assess, and begin to dream, and them BAM!  it happens; that stir in my heart and that itch between my toes.  i'm waiting out this storm, ironically enough, in New Orleans for a few days at the beginning of break.  God's been speaking to me about what He's going to be speaking to me about, and something tells me i'm in the seat of a roller coaster that's about to leave the bay.

i realized i'm in my late twenties now.  so, there's that.  it took mumford and sons to tell me that.  mainly, their new album is to my late twenties as dashboard was to my late teens, and then it hit me, late twenties.  blech.

i bought a new car. as in, a brand new car.  with a lonnnnggggg contract signed in ink at the very bottom with my name, and no one else's.  it was pretty much the single-most adult-ifying moment of my life as to date.  and, i have major commitment issues, so i may have slighted diverted a few panic attacks in the drivers seat by fiddling with the XM radio a bit (which i'm currently obsessed with!).  its a new Hyundai Elantra, and i seriously love it so much.  i'm thankful to be in a position where i can finally afford a car payment, even if it means Taco Bell becomes a luxury.

school has been a real challenge this year, to be terribly honest.  i find myself physically exhausted at the end of everyday, and 3 of the 5 past nights have ended in a 9 p.m. bedtime, 2 of which aided by tylenol p.m.

i've miraculously (thank-you-Jesus!) rounded the bend in my anxiety, and don't really know where the turning point happened, but know that I am able to look back and not recognize that state of agony, although that doesn't entirely mean circumstances have changed or peace has come; it's more just a God's-got-it-and-clearly-i-don't sort of thing.  that being said, i'm not overwhelmingly joyful in this season, but it's hard to exude happiness in refining fire.

but, praise God for the refining!  praise God in pain, in storms, in trials, in failure.  praise God that He can take my mess and turn it into testimony.   and praise Him for allowing me to see simple glimpses of His unfolding plan.  He's a good and gracious Father.

eager to tell you more after this week. grateful for a chance to breathe and spend with Him.  amen and amen.

No comments: