Wednesday, September 14, 2011

faithful.

"you will see your past forgiven,
   you will feel your future rise.
you will see your passions driven
   I will redeem the tears you've cried.
I want you to dance among the nations,
   shout the cheers of a child's heart.
I long to grant you your desires,
  my beloved, this is just the start."

i was flipping through my journals and found this written in June of 2010 when i was in Haiti.  i scribbled it down in pink ink amidst lyrics to "How Great Thou Art," and an admonishment of my call.

looking back,  i have seen this prophesy become fulfilled.  i stand forgiven today, under the umbrella of grace and a humble heart.  i feel my heart ebb towards the shores of the future, with each tug a gentle reminder of His plans for me.  my passions, for teaching, for haiti, for Christ, for servanthood are full as the leaves on a strong magnolia before the hot summer.  and even in my tears, i have felt the comfort of the Holy Spirit as He moves within me.

these feet have danced on many a foreign soil; and just today, jubilation poured out of my mouth during carpet time and my kiddos are beginning to decode and construct words.

and to know that this is just the beginning?!  that God truly does have my desires in mind as He creates opportunities for me to serve His heart and bless His name?

i am in awe of the faithfulness of a Lord that cares so deeply about His children.  God, you are so good, and we are unworthy.  and that's the point.  you don't care.  it doesn't matter to you that you are just fine without us; you desire us anyway!

thank you Jesus, for your love.

No comments: