Thursday, February 3, 2011

infectious

tonight, i'm going to bed content.

my teeth hurt from my sinus infection. and my nose hurts. and my sinuses, and definitely my head. the viscosity of my snot is somewhat similar to superglue as it dries. and when i sleep, my eyes are seeping some of this superglue, a clue to me that my sinuses are really overloaded and trying to burst at the seems.

but i've slept 15 hours in the last 30, and am about to get another 7 in. praise Him for sweet rest.

i had a sweet heart-to-heart with the Lord tonight. not out of panicked emotion, anxiety, or heartache. not even out of headache (although i could petition Him a thousand times over to ease this debilitating pain). but out of a somber, yet content, "i-know-i'm-on-the-right-path, even-when-it-sucks-to-be-here," kind of way.

so headaches and infections aside, i'm content. and as long as this pain that is radiating into my jaw doesn't keep me up too much longer, i will rest assured tonight, knowing that Jesus truly is my comforter and my All in All.

No comments: