Thursday, December 29, 2011

holiday hiatus

eek. it has been almost a full 3 weeks since i've posted, and who knows how long before that it was that i actually read anything in my blogfeed!  i don't know about you, but the last two weeks of work before break were absolutely HEINOUS! so much stuff that literally, some of it just did not get done in time!  slash, too much to even begin to pack it ALL in!

speaking of packing, that didn't even happen until the DAY i was leaving.  but some sort of miracle occurred. the students left, the parents cleaned, and i packed up my things to go and left school at 10:30.  and for the first time this year, perhaps even longer, i did not feel rushed.

i got home. cleaned the kitchen. washed my linens. cleaned out the refrigerator??? put away laundry?????


and i did it all without rushing to get through it.  the thing that was even more strange?  i enjoyed it.  every. bit. of. it.

i didn't force myself to slow down, nor did i really even invite myself to it.  I just sat down and opened my eyes and said, "whats the rush?"  and realized, there is none.

not to say that my entire christmas break was spent with such an outlook, but i'm going to try to have a similar perspective going into the new year.

No comments: