Sunday, December 11, 2011

blogover

hi, my name is rhiannon. and i am a recovering blogger.  i went on a binge (30 days of Thankfulness ... at least, it was supposed to be 30 days worth...) and woke up with a huge blog-over.  i swore i would never blog again.  i just couldn't; it was too painful.  but as you can tell, here i am again... so, here goes nothing.

in the time since my last post, God has continued to bring me into new, exciting, and terrifying territory.  the funny thing is, i never realized it would be on familiar ground that He would walk me into new things.   i thought for a new season to come, that i must say goodbye to the old, and to Nashville.  but, at least at this point, i don't think he's leading me away from the city; rather, he seems to be deepening and spreading my roots across this town, in a way that a tree grows strong and fortified.

regardless of what comes next, Pastor Jim said something today that really allowed me to connect to this season:  We must first walk in obedience in the things we know we've been called to, and He will lead us from there.  it's not about running off to another land to find where I am meant to be: it is sewing into where I am right now, and seeing where God might lead me off to.  it's not seeking out a purpose or a passion or even a partner to run this race with.  it's investing in those he has already blessed me with, and watching as they blossom into beautiful things.  it's not about having a broad bucket-list of items checked off by the time i'm thirty; but rather, its about how deep i grew into the fields in which i'm already involved.

God has truly been amazing me as of lately.  by bounty of blessing, to rewarded with responsibility, He certainly knows the plans He has for me.  I needn't be afraid; for the Lord God is with me, wherever I shall go.

No comments: