Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Whispers

I'm hanging onto the whispers I hear in my heart.

Stay with me, He says. Just stay with me; hold on just a little while longer.

Admittedly, I'm struggling a lot with that right now.  I'm fighting anxiety that I've never known, and a huge lack in confidence of my ability to hear and discern His voice.

So I hang onto the whisper that begs me to just stay with Him.  That He's not yet done.  I hold on a little while longer, in wait for Him.

But the battles are too much for me to withstand on my own.  And althought I know with Christ, I have no reason to fear, I still feel as if even with Him, I'll collapse under the weight. 

The Lord Himself will fight for you. Just stay calm. -Ex. 14:14

Even when I don't have the strength Lord, I know that You will fight for me.  You will take up my cause with the angels. You will protect me from the scheme of the enemy.  When my heart is fragile, You will guard it.  When my rebukes are anemic and less than threatening, You remind me all I need to speak is Jesus' name.

I declare your strength in my weakness, and Your word reminds me that that's where it's perfected. 

So in my weakness, with brittle grasp onto Your truth, I hold tightly to your whisper.  I cling to you.

No comments: